Cyndy Lou, Who?


I decided to play around with some lighting fun tonight. So, I got out one of the dolls I have in my collection and posed her on my computer station. I have a nice direct light from an LED desk lamp that shines down upon my desk. So, I posed Cyndy Lou on a jar of Golden brand Pumice gel to give her something to sit on.

The above image was processed into black and white after uploading it to Adobe Lightroom. Once I cropped and tweaked I sent the picture to On One Perfect B&W to create the image you see here. I love playing with available light as it challenges me to work with what I have on hand. My little pocket Nikon did a pretty good job. For me it's all about the feel of the image and I tend to be very intuitive when I do shoot a picture. Sure I pay attention to the exposure and such. But, I like the unexpected results. Sometimes it's great and sometimes it's a bust. Also, the type of camera is not as important as being free to just let go and have fun. I have learned a lot this way.


This image was processed in Alien Skin's Exposure 5 software to give it the look of the Technicolor film used in the Wizard of Oz movie. It's a lot of fun playing around with this sort of thing.

Just started a new photo class yesterday. It is a repeat of the one I took in the fall. You can take this class multiple times and still get something out of it. Anywho, I thought it would be nice to post a fun thing after my soul letting yesterday. Have a great weekend y'all.

Comments

Karen Mallory said…
Glad you are having so much fun with the photography. I love seeing all your pictures and experiments!
hugs Karen
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Karen, they are fun. The dolls don't complain about modeling either.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts