A New Year is Upon Us



Noe that we are poised to transition into a new year, I am once again lining up my goals. Photography will figure prominently on that list. New classes, to continue to advance my knowledge and also some new topics. Also, to enter more shows. I would hope to actually get into some this year. But, even getting denied is a learning tool.

I am exploring ways to actually present my images. It is easy to just send off a Jpeg of an image to a show. But, one thing I have learned is that perhaps they want to see how the image will be presented in addition to the actual image itself. So, that will be my greatest focus this year as I collect images to show. I am giving myself latitudes to present several collections according to my current interests. I am excited about the process of printing and finishing the presentations.

One process is that of printing on silk fabric for some of my images. I love the idea and look of this and how it can be presented as a wall hanging rather than a framed piece of art. Experiments look promising so far. I will keep you all informed.

I can honestly say I am looking forward to what this new year will bring. Things seem to be coming together and I have a real focus and intention in my work and life. More so than I ever have and that will keep me motivated during the hard times. A good friend and spiritual mentor said this year would be a real roller coaster, 2014 that is, and it was that and more.


May your new year be bright and full of promise. That is my wish for you and a blessing of sorts. We all need blessings each and every day. Thank you for following along on my journey. I am honored and humbled by the kind words of encouragement and friendship expressed by many friends who pass by from time to time. Thank you. I love you all.

Comments

Karen Mallory said…
I hope that all your goals come to completion this year. Maybe you could even add that coffee table book and it could be photos of your silk photo wall hangings!! LOL I like the idea of doing it different.
Have a fabulous New Year Cody and may all your dreams come true!
hugs Karen
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Karen. I hope your new year will be fab too. Thanks for being such a great supporter and cheerleader these past years. I thought leaving doll making as an artform would cause me to loose friends, but, it has been just the opposite. I have actually gained new ones to add to all the wonderful friends I already have. I feel truly blessed.

Yes, the photo book is on my personal to do list.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts