A Long Pause

Hello to all of my followers and visitors out there in blog land. I have been absent due to several things. My daytime job has been a bit hectic the past two weeks which gas kept me away. In addition to this, I had a computer melt down which resulted in getting a new one. This time I decided to leave pc's out of the mix. I am now in the Apple cart. So, far I am loving the switch. We will see as time goes on how much I still love the new computer. I do love the touch response of the new keyboard a lot.

Now that all of that is behind me I can focus on my art again. So, I thought I'd show you a few images from a recent photo class assignment. Yes, I am taking the class again. This particular assignment was called Shadow Portraits. The premise was to use our interpretation of the theme to create unique images. Here are a few of what I came up with.


This image is a stretch for shadow. It is actually the chemical residue from a decaying leaf. So, in essence it is a shadow. Just not the typical idea of one.


Here in the next two images my boss was gracious enough to lend me a hand. I had her pose in front of our front door at work. The sun shone from the back which created some awesome shadows on the floor.


Here is the second version with a different pose. I really like this one the best. My teacher was really impressed with my assignment this week. That was a great affirmation that I am doing something right. Still have tons to learn. But, that is what this journey called art is all about. To enrich my life and enhance the knowledge I already possess. Thank you for being patient and having a look at my work.

Comments

PB said…
The leaf shadow is beautiful- and different things create different shadows. When we feel one cross over our hearts- what does that look like? What the leaf left behind - so beautiful- but made iconic with you seeing it, and then photographing it. Art. The best kind. Love your new photos Cody.
Karen Mallory said…
I love them Cody!! I really think that black and white is your forte!
hugs Karen
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks PB and Karen, I am truly humbled by your words. It made my day. It has been a bit of a struggle to think of myself as a true artist at times. I know I still have lots to learn. But, it can't happen unless I do as well. Lately, it has been hard doing the art, to keep motivated. But, I am trying. Thanks again for your support and encouragement.
Wylde Iris said…
Cody, I love your art and was totally delighted that I ended up with one of your pieces in the Dottie Doll swap a long time ago. I have never considered you anything else but a true artist. One does not have to be a master of every medium.
BTW, I love the leaf image in particular but it is reminding me to sweep. :)
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Wylde Iris. Much appreciated love.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts