Revisitations


Every once in a while I like to revisit a subject I have enjoyed in the past.  For some odd reason, I am fascinated with apparitions and ghost images.  There was a time when I saw enigmatic faces in everything around me.  Sometimes in the patterns of concrete walks.  The way paint dried on paper or even worn spots in cardboard boxes.  Some of my friends thought I was getting just a little bit loopy.  One day I started to go through my huge fabric stash I had.  It was then I started to notice a variety of faces staring back at me.  So, I began cutting these fabric swatches into the size of artist trading cards. Using just colored pencils, I began to pull out the faces so that others could see them too.  Thus began my on going series "Apparitions in Everyday Life".  Above is the latest one.  It has been sitting on my computer desk for quite a while and I thought I needed to finally commit it to the card format.

You know it's funny how art for me seems to go in cycles.  I have felt so disconnected from it of late.  I can always chalk it up to needing to refuel my creative fire.  But, sometimes I think there is a deeper thing going on down in our creative Psyche.  I am not sure what has drawn me to apparitions and ghosts, but it seems to resonate with me for some reason.  I haven't quite figured out if it is a desire to walk on the dark side or just a curiosity of what lies beyond the Vail of this current physical illusion. Art has always been a form of spiritual expression and exploration for me. Lately I have been absorbed with the age old question of who am I and why am I here.  What purpose does this life serve beyond just existing.  Is there a higher purpose.  Fortunately I am making some very fascinating and wonderful discoveries along the way.  It is my hope to continue to share some of these discoveries through my art.  I am always curious as to what form it will take.  Thanks for sharing my experience with me.

Comments

Cody,
I too am fascinated by apparitions. I need to have personal experience with a thing before I will believe it. I have never seen a ghost, but am desperate to see one. I'm not saying others' experiences aren't real to them, but I often wonder if it is the fierce desire we have to KNOW that life goes on after this that makes people see "ghosts". I look forward to reading more of your musings on the matter. :o)
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Bonnie. I am continually searching for answers too.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts