My Brick for Breast Cancer Entry


I wanted to make sure I posted this weekend. So, here is my finished entry into this years "Bricks for Breast Cancer" charity called "Bricks Along the Journey". The premise as mentioned in an earlier post is to alter a brick and make it into an art piece. There must be a pink ribbon on it somewhere. So, above is my entry for this year. It is titled, "Taming the Monster" and the idea is that cancer is the big MONSTER, and the woman atop his head is taming him or in my eyes surviving. I have done this charity four times now and really enjoy it. I hope it goes for a bunch of money as it all goes to the cause.

I am still trying to finish a few more projects so I can move on to other things. Will post those when I finish them up. Have a good one all.

Comments

Really original. Love it!
Lorell Lehman said…
Great piece Cody!....good cause too :)
Christina said…
such a beautiful and touching piece..
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Sycamore Moon, Lorell and Christina for the lovely comments. It was great fun making this and not in my usual style. Lorell good to hear from you.
flyingbeader said…
Cody, this piece is FAB! dot
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Dot, I appreciate the feedback.
Anonymous said…
This is fantastic!
The brick is really discouraged I think.

I'd love to be part of this auction.
Is it in your home town?

Pattee
Cody Goodin said…
Yes, it is sponsored here in Cincinnati Ohio. Here is their web site http://www.breastcancerbricks.org/ so you can see what it's all about.
Marie S said…
Bless you for this. It is a beautiful piece and I hope it goes for tons of money and thank you for helping.
Love and hugs.
Cody Goodin said…
Thank yo Marie, as I said it is near and dear to my heart. I wish I could do more.
Unknown said…
turned out great!

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts