A Teaser "The Witching Tree"

Well, it's been a very long time since I have posted.  At least long in terms of my posts.  Lots of stuff been going on and not going on.  Our power went out on the 29th of June and was out for 36 hours.  It was 99 plus degrees the whole weekend.  miserable isn't adequate for the yucky experience.  Man, are we in for a terrible time on this planet if global warming isn't put in check.

Anyway, I am not here to preach to anyone.  But, to say I have been doing a lot of soul searching in regards to this big mythic journey project I have been struggling with for over two years now.  So, I have decided to throw in the towel in a way.  I realize I am not ready for the type of story I had originally intended.  So, instead I am going to focus on something that I have been dabbling in for quite a few years.  It has always been a dream to create a series of stories based on local fantasy creatures that live and interact with the people and animals here in the Cincinnati Ohio area of the United States.  Over the years I have made a character or two in doll form of some of the strange things that pop up here and there around my home.  So, I figured why not channel this frustration of not getting my mythic journey going, into something I can really relate to.  So, I have decided to work on short little stories which all tie together based on creatures and characters that live in my neck of the woods.  This way I can still make art dolls based on them and even keep the puppet show idea going too.  So, I have decided to try an experiment.  I am going to post teasers here of the stories to see if anyone is paying attention.  Plus I will be posting pictures of the characters and their surroundings.  Teaser number one.





The Witching Tree



Nestled in the heart of Burnet Woods, on an unassuming hill lives the witching tree.  It has been known for generations of the Seidhe of Cincinnati as a sacred and dangerous place to tread.  Only those who are desperate for help will seek the magic that lays beneath it's branches.  It is no wonder that no fae or other magical creature has dared to seek it's help until now.

OK, there is the teaser.  Stay tuned for the story to unfold soon.  As always thank you for stopping by and visiting my humble space.  You are always welcome to visit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts