So, I finished my monster sort of. He still needs his base. But, I can add that easy enough. This first picture is with his first base coat on and the addition of the blue spots. I wanted to show the process I usually go through.
In this picture he has his first glaze coat of green gold fluid acrylic. I use Golden brand as I love there pigment quality. I add a bit of fluid matte medium to thin it a bit more and just lightly paint on the glaze.
Here he is finished. This is after applying the glaze coat of Quinachrodone Nickel Gold fluid acrylic and a walnut acrylic stain. His eye got it's pupil somewhere in the midst of the painting. This was a fun little fellow to make. As a matter of fact he has inspired me to write again. I am working on the Encyclopedia of Monster and Related Creatures of the Clifton area of Cincinnati Ohio. I thought this would make a fun tome to accompany my creatures. A friend suggested I write about them as I had such interesting stories for each one. So, this will be my attempt at doing that. I will keep you all updated and maybe get a chance to post a few excerpts from time to time. Happy weekend everyone.