On the Work Bench


Sorry for the delay in posting again.  I have been a bit busy, a bit under the weather and trying to set up for puppet production this summer.  So here is a little something I had to whip up for the joint meeting of RiverCity Figurative Artists Guild of which I am a member and the Circle City doll makers from Indy.  The theme for this years challenge was recycle.  So, it could be interpreted any way you wished.  I recycled an empty Amaretto bottle.

So let me introduce you to Bishop Amaretto de Amore.  He is quite beside himself as he feels that my lowly studio room is no place for someone of his caliber.  But, you know you take what you are dished as I say.  He plans on making his grand entrance tomorrow at the meeting.  He stands about 12 inches high.  The bottle was covered with a layer of decorative hand made papers and then I built up the torso and arms with Apoxy Sculpt.  His head is made from paper clay and Apoxy Sculpt.  His hat is the bottle cap.  The costuming is illusionary in structure.  His adornments come from recycled jewelry.

Well, that's it for now.  Hope to be back at it in the next few days.  See ya all soon.  Oh, and stay tuned for my summer giveaway that I will announce in a day or two.

Thanks as always for stopping by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts