Home At Last

I have to say that this week has been a magical one for me in so many ways. After a good amount of rough and tumble years trying to sort things out with my life. It feels like I am finally finding myself at a good place. It feels like coming home after a very long trip and a deep breath of gratitude taken as I sit down in my space. Can you just sense the peace and calm that seems to permeate the atmosphere?

All of this is thanks to a purposeful journey to find my authentic self as a Creator being. You know, an artist type? Yes, it feels good to know who I am and who I am hoping to be. It was a long time in birthing but, it was well worth it. I have been practicing a daily gratitude process. To simply declare that I am thankful for all I have, for every moment in my life that has lead me to this present time. Here I sit or stand and I am who I am and that is awesome. Now I can share my inner vision with the world if the world wants to see it. That is the freedom I think most of us really hope for at some point in our lives. No matter where I am or what I am experiencing, I am who I am and nothing more or less. I know who that person is and no one can tell me different. So, on that note. I would love to share some more of my art with you.


This first image was taken while I was eating dinner at a local eatery. The flowers were sitting on our table. Most people look at them and don't pay much attention to them. But, I just thought they were so sweet and really gave me a feeling of connection to my environment. I love the painterly treatment.


Here is a fun photo manipulation that I have been experimenting with lately. I do a mirror image type reflection and then add a few elements in addition to some textures and post processing. I call this one the "Tree of Life". This image just felt so magical. I can just image coming up upon this tree on some long walk up a mountain trail.


The next image was taken after my last photography class of the semester. It was just beginning to rain. I thought how fun it would be to take some photos through the windows as the rain made little splashes and drops. It created a very impressionistic kind of feel. I then decided to enhance that by the post processing I chose.


This one was taken as I waited to pick up my guy after work. We were on our way to a final Friday art hop at a local studio building. There are lots of artists who open their studios one night a month to show off their latest works. I have some friends there and also a few of the customers who buy art supplies at the store were I work, also have studios there. It is an alley that connects two major streets in downtown Cincinnati. I wanted to give it an old world feeling.

Well, that's it for the art part. I hope you have enjoyed your stop here. I love comments and feedback as long as they aren't mean. So, feel free to do that if you are so inclined.Have a great week and weekend upcoming.

Comments

Thanks for the post.....and expressing your true self.
Karen Mallory said…
I totally love your new direction! All the photos you create with these apps are so wonderful. I think I actually commented today that you are finally living your dreams!!! Way to go!!!
hugs Karen
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you David and Karen, I truly do feel I am living my dream finally.
Joyce B said…
Cody, I love all your photos. The "Tree of Life" one really grabbed my imagination. It reminds me of the illusion pictures... you know the type where they ask "Which did you see, the goblet or the faces".
Sometimes when I look at the picture I see a tree with a thick trunk covered in autumn leaves in front of a bright sun....Other times it is much more interesting. I see a giant whose pants stop at the knee. His top just covers his shoulders but connects in a circle on his chest. His arms are down at his sides and he is clasping a mask with fangs at his hips.His head is set low on his shoulders like he has no neck. He has beady close-set eyes and the top of his head glows... Is he Demon or God or nightmare fantasy???
Can you see it or should I check myself into the funny farm? I swear I haven't been drinking or doing any odd substances.
Cody Goodin said…
Joyce, that is the cool thing about art. We all see something a bit different. I love the story of what you see. Thank you for that. This is part of why I love making art. To inspire others to create their own stories.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts