See my students shine....



My weekly post this week highlights my recent class I taught the Dolliologists of Waynesville Ohio.  I taught my goblin character head class.  It was a fun filled day.  As a delightful surprise, the gals gave me an awesome birthday party.  These girls know how to treat a teacher like a king.  This group are not only talented artists but, awesome peeps too.  Check out the heads they were working on.



Dawn


Ginger


Jackie


Jerrie


Jill



Liz



Sharon



Sue


The variety of creations was so fun to see unfold as they took to the clay like a duck to water.  Most of them never having sculpted in clay before.  This is the kind of experience I think any teacher would love.  Thank you again to the Dolliologists for hosting me for another fun class.  I hope you all have a great day.  I hope to post some pics of my latest rabbit creation.  Oh, and if you haven't seen the new Alice In Wonderland movie yet.  Do yourself a favor and go.  It was a visual feast and such a lovely retelling of the story.  Tim Burton has such a magical way with story telling.

Comments

Anonymous said…
It is very nice to see the joy of creation!
Coach Z said…
Wow...I love these pictures!! Congrats my friend... what a wonderful class!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! I am looking forward to seeing your creation and...I printed my tickets for Alice tonight!!! HUGS
Cody Goodin said…
DWD and MarZel thank you for your comments. Marzel, Alice was one of my favorite movies. I loved everything about it. See it in 3D if you can. I am working on another rabbit inspired by my idea of Alice. But, the subject is not from the story.
Lorell Lehman said…
This is wonderful Cody! It really is the best feeling to introduce people to sculpting and then watch them have so much fun with it....most people have no idea what they are capable of!
Very glad to hear a positive response to 'Alice' too. I haven't seen it yet but have read so many negative reviews....I couldn't believe that Tim Burton would get it so wrong! But you have restored my faith....I'm not reading or listening to anything else about it now until I've seen it for myself!
Karen Mallory said…
You have some talented students! I hope to play with clay soon. I have a toaster oven I can devote to baking clay and some tools. Now just to make something!
hugs Karen
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Lorell and Karen for your comments. Lorell, don't listen to critics. They don't always know everything. Besides, I always try and go with an open mind. Even if I know that the director has played with the story a bit.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts