Monday Not Such A Mystery



Squeaking in by the seat of my pants on this post.  I have been trying to do at least one or two a week.  Here is Mondays offering.  It isn't a mystery this week.  Here is the first witch I have made in a good five years.  I like the challenge of creating a character.  The symbol of the witch is such a powerful one spiritually speaking to me. Her name is Miranda and she is a skilled practitioner of the magical arts.  Her specialty is healing the soul.  She does whatever it takes for her seekers of healing to discover what lies at the root of their discomfort or ill health.  In addition to the healing arts she loves gardening and communing with tress.  However she is dressed here in her finest attire for a special whirlwind speaking tour of Europe and the far east.


This is a closer view of Miranda.  She is polymer clay head and hands.  Her body is a stump body style made out of black suede cloth.  She is weighted with small glass pellets to keep her upright.  She has layers of black lace and some type of fancy black sheer material.  She is wearing a gold necklace with her magical stones in it.  Her hair is New Zealand sheep skin that was cut to size and trimmed to fit.  The wand is made of a thin maple dowel and stained to look like ebony.  Her belt is a fancy antiqued gold metallic ribbon.   Her eyes are small hematite beads.

Well, that's Mondays offerings.  I hope you enjoyed the fruit of my labor this weekend.  I still have several more pieces to finish.  But, I am not sure I will get anymore done by weeks end.  Have a good one everyone.

Comments

tinypearl5758 said…
WOW Cody, I just have to say, I absolutely love Miranda. A little while ago I did a course an how to make a witches face, (thanks Pattee/odd dolls).

Pointed nose and all, however, even with out the pointy bits and warts and all, Miranda is every bit a great witch and then some.

I love her, I love her. Thank you for sharing her with us. xxx
Lorell Lehman said…
Fabulous witch Cody!. Love all the little details, especially the wand and the black bead eyes. Great pose too!
xoxo
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Tinypearl and Lorell for the kind comments. I am a little rusty at using fabrics and such. I haven't created a cloth based body in a really long time. But, I am pleased wit how she turned out.
ruthanne said…
Yes, I was surprised at you use of fabric, but Miranda is awesome. I agree, thanks for sharing!

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts