Works in progress....



Howdy out there in bloggoland.  I am popping in to share some WIP's with ya'll.  Spending today at home in the studio home base trying to get two last minute pieces finished for the Essex Studios open house this weekend.  I will be hanging these puppies up just minutes before the opening.  But, hey that's how most of work some days anyway right?  The first offering is one I am calling, warning long title sequence here. "Wait till they get a load of me or Even Cowpokes get the Blues".  Told ya it was a long one.  He is a tongue in cheek tribute to cross dressing cowboys of sorts.




The next sneak peak is one I am calling "Keeper of the Ancient Knowledge".  Oh, and these pieces are not in their final poses or colors yet.  I have applied layers of decorative papers and fabrics with a ultra heavy matte medium.  They are both polymer clay heads and hands.  Then they were built over a wire and wood armature.  This was then covered in layered cotton batting and fabric.  The Keeper still needs her hair and hair ornament plus the cool thing that she will be holding.  Don't worry I will get pictures of these two once they are done and hanging up on the walls at the studio.  Plus, I will try and get pictures of the show too.  I have two studio mates that will be showing as well.  We three all have new work to show this time around.  Well, that's it for now.  Have a good one out there.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Wow Cody... These are fabulous dolls your doing!!! They look huge!!!

Hope you are well~
Hugs Pattee
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Pattee, they aren't that big. I am doing much better thanks for asking.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts