Another finished project

I have been spending some time in the studio finishing up a few projects.  Two of which were the soul portraits that were a part of my Alchemy class lessons.


The premise of the lesson was to create a soul portrait.  Something kind of ethereal or spirit like.  I show my students how to use a variety of acrylic mediums to create texture and stiffen a variety of fabric and paper pieces to create sculptural effects.  So here is soul portrait one.


This is a fun technique.  I will be teaching this for the Columbus Ohio doll group Gilded Lilies in March. Here is Soul Portrait two.   I plan on using this technique a bit more for some of my fun fantasy pieces, I have in the works.  The good thing about finishing up loose ends, is I have some new work to show and it clears off my work table to make room for other things.  I have several hanging pieces that I am going to finish in the next few days.  I am still feeling a bit anxious and restless.  Part of that is due to wanting to try some new things and not having the materials at hand to do it.  Funds are a bit limited at the moment, so I can't go shopping for them.  That is OK as I can always sketch out the ideas so I don't forget them.  On the horizon are some figures incorporating needle felting which I have never done before.  Until next time my art pals.

Comments

Susie McMahon said…
Woo-hoo Cody! You are crankin', boy!
I liked that hanging piece you posted (was it yesterday?) These are great - I particularly like the second one here.
And you have to try needle-felting - it's very relaxing - kinda like knitting, except you have to watch what you are doing if you don't want fingers full of holes1
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Susie, I will keep that in mind. Certainly don't want holes in my fingers. Since I saw you supply list I am getting ideas fo what to bring for class.
Susie McMahon said…
Oh good! I can tell by your work that you already think outside the square - I can't wait to see what you come up with!
Liou Duvinini said…
Interesante...
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Susie, and Liou for your kind comments.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts