A Little Something Different


I wanted to share something a bit different than my usual art fare.  Here is a shot of the finished commission piece I have been working on for a friend.  He wanted me to paint something to represent the sign of Pisces.  The main element is the ruling planet Neptune.  I was asked to create a somewhat accurate portrayal of the planet.  Also the symbols where included as was the constellation of pieces.  I was painted in acrylics and a little mixed media too.  I really like how it turned out.  The big test is whether he will like it.



Another piece is for a company gift exchange tomorrow.  My secret person I am giving to doesn't really appreciate the creatures I create.  So, I decided to do something a little more artsy.  I love doing these little sculpted pieces.  I made this one into a magnet.  It measures about 3x3 inches.  I used my sculpting technique using acrylic mediums.  I am planning on creating a class for this technique.  So, if you are interested stay tuned.

Hope you are all enjoying the holiday season.  I have been keeping myself busy making gifts, working at the art store and planning lots of fun new things for the new year.  I have a nine day vacation starting Christmas eve.  So looking forward to that one.  Will check back in to see what's up with you all.  Thank you for taking time out to visit my humble art spot.  I love you all.

Comments

flyingbeader said…
Cody, that has turned out really great. I know he has got to like this Neptune piece
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Dot, I showed him a picture of it and he wept. I think it really meant a lot to him that I put a lot into this piece for him. Thanks for the comment.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts