Class with Kathryn Walmsley


I just spent a two day intensive class with NIADA artist Kathryn Walmsley taking her full body sculpt class.  The goal was to have a little character sculpted and painted ready for dressing.  Most everyone made it to the hair stage.  I on the other hand had to put the hair on today.  Anyway, here is my little guy.  He is a brownie named Xe.  He has shorts and a little mohawk style hair cut.  His body is sculpted out of Super Sculpey polymer clay over a wire body armature.  He is then detailed with soft pastels and acrylic paint.  He is only about 8 inches tall and so was a big challenge for my visual limitations.  Not impossible thanks to such a great teacher.  If you ever get a chance to take a class with her please do.  You can see her work here.

That's it for today.  Hope you all have a great week ahead.

Comments

flyingbeader said…
That tiny! WOw he has toes and feet & even a belly button....fabulous job, Cody
Lorell Lehman said…
Absolutely fantastic Cody! How wonderful to have taken a class with Kathryn...her work is amazing. I'm so envious of you Americans and all the incredible talent you have right at your fingertips....I've been looking at the exchange programs offered at my Uni, there are quite a number of US ones! :)
Love your blogs new look too...especially the header!
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Dot and Lorell. Your kind words mean a great deal to me. He was really fun to create and I did learn a few new tricks. I only need to practice more, which is my downfall. Lorell, I do hope you get a chance to come over for a visit. Someday I am hoping to visit your awesome country. Oh, and Kathryn is coming to Oz this fall. Check out her web site. www.kathrynwalmsley.com I think is the url.
Anonymous said…
Cody, he's wonderful! Your work is moving full speed ahead!

Love
Joyce
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Joyce your comment is most appreciated.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts