Oh my! Two posts this week.

Hello my favorite blog people and visitors.  Yes, I am posting twice this week.  Shocking I know.  But, I wanted to share my first test photo from the new series I am currently working on.  After my previous post on having a hard time focusing, I decided it was time to put the petal to the metal and just start something, anything.  So, I am committing myself to one of my project ideas.  In this series of images I am hoping to tell the story of what our dolls and toys do when we are not around.  What kinds of things do they engage in or how do they really get along.  It is a fun way to explore our own ideas of community, societal issues and what it is that makes us who we are as people.  Toys and dolls have that uncanny almost creepy way of telling more about us humans than they do about themselves.

This new series one of several, is entitled "Toy Box Confidential".  It is the seedier side of the toy world.  The not so glamorous world of the Barbies, Kens, G I Joe's and our toys.  The premise is that all these stories unfold in our very own homes.  So, to that end I am attempting to shoot all the images in various places in and around my home.  I guess the good thing about that is it is cheap, easy to access and no traveling.  My little home is old and shabby so it will provide an interesting backdrop.

My intent is to do most of the images as black and whites.  But, I suppose that depends on the image itself and of course I will take creative liberties where I feel necessary.  But, my hope is to create a more vintage feel of the 1950's and 1960's.  My ultimate goal is to produce a book telling the stories both in words and pictures.  Think pulp fiction, crime dramas, mysteries yo get the idea.  It has been hard to decide upon an actual theme and then get down to shooting the scenes.  I have so many ideas flying around in my noggin.  So, I decided to just jump in.  Below is the first test image to get a feel for the scene and to see if using my home would work as the backdrop.



This image is the first test.  The title of this story is "Where is my pet rat, Cat?".  As you can see the Cat In the Hat has gotten himself into a bit of trouble with one of the soldiers patrolling the premises.

So, that is what I have been up to this summer.  Getting myself to a point of actually shooting images.  I intend to do a wee bit of sculpting here and there.  But, I am still having issues with sore hand joints from sculpting so I have been slowing down on creating new things.  Transitions are good if you keep a positive frame of mind around them.

Have a great weekend one and all and thanks for stopping by.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts