Trying New Things

Hello my friends out there in blogland. I hope your week has been going well. It has been warm and rainy here in Southwest Ohio. But, that hasn't stopped me from progressing on my projects both creative and non. I have been going crazy ordering dolls off of Ebay lately for use in my photo illustration projects. Specifically the Monster High dolls. Now, as some of you may realize, these dolls come in a variety of conditions. The purpose for me was to try and rehab them into a usable character. So, let me show you my first ever redo in progress. I am not quite done yet.


This poor thing came with her hair cut off to the scalp and missing her lower arms and hands. Not to mention she was not wearing any cloths. I decided to put some extra arms and hands I had left over on her. They aren't really a match for her but, I think this will add a fun element to her back story once I am finished with her. I gave her a bright crimson red head of hair that was made from some fake fur I had. Next I made her a cute little black and white dress.


I am still deciding on whether to make her eyes open or closed. I like the idea of sleeping characters too. Part of the hesitation is that I am not brave enough to tackle painting eyes yet. But, so far I really like her. She will make a fine addition to the character set. I gave her a little cat nose and pinkish lips. It suits her I think.

Plus, I have been taking lots of photographs of different things. Trying to keep my eye sharpened for composition and such. Took a few of the big box of Bratz dolls I received the other day. It was like seeing an impromptu teen kids party.


Here are a few of the pictures I took. I like using available light as much as possible just because it is handy and a challenge too.


It would seem someone in this picture is feeling a bit isolated.

Well, that's it for this update. Hope you all have a great holiday weekend for those that celebrate in the US. It's Memorial Day weekend here. Be safe and have fun.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts