Charlotte's Angels



Episode Five

Charlotte finds herself in such an excited state she jumps up on the bench at the office to profess her new found direction.  Her angels as she calls them are captivated mostly because it has come as such a surprise and out of the blue.  Mesmerized they listen as Charlotte exclaims her epiphany   "I was just out wandering the streets and happened upon a coffee shop I hadn't been to before." Charlotte said breathlessly. She continues " ... and there was this group of people all sitting around listening to this guy.  I thought what's the deal with this dude.  Then I began to listen to what he was telling the others." Charlotte paused for a moment as if caught up in a dream.  "It was as if he knew what was wrong with me.  Why my life sucks." She stated. Meanwhile the girls began to come out of their stupor and looked at one another with puzzlement.  This didn't sound like the level headed boss of an all girl detective agency.  Marta and Mary Margaret knew that something truly profound has happened to Charlotte to cause this strange behavior.  Charlotte went on. " There is going to be a meeting where we get to hear the rest of what..." Suddenly Charlotte realized that her two most loyal employees were looking at her with total astonishment.

Marta finally spoke up. "Who is this amazing man you are talking about?"  Charlotte had an odd look on her face as she answered Marta.  " His name is, um, well I am not sure.  I don't think I recall hearing his name."

"What!" exclaimed Mary Margaret.  "You don't even know his name and you are ready to run off and follow this guy?"  Charlotte then began to get a little miffed.  "Who says I am running off with him.  I am just going to listen to what he has to say.  His words and message are beautiful."  Charlotte stood there feeling a bit silly.  She stepped down off of her soap box and decided it was time to get to work.

Charlotte looked at Marta.  "Marta, I need you to do me a favor.  Can you check someone out for me?"  asked Charlotte.  "Sure, who is it?" questioned Marta.  Charlotte looked at her took a deep breath and said something everyone present in the room thought they would never hear.  Charlotte finally spoke. "I need you to do a background check on Carlos."  Marta looked at her, mouth gaping open.  "Carlos?  The Carlos?" exclaimed Marta.  "Yes, THE CARLOS,"  Charlotte replied. " He is working for my great Aunt Coco as it turns out and something seems really fishy about him."  offered Charlotte. "OK, Charlotte, I will but, I thought you were really into him."  Marta stated.  "Well, things change."  Charlotte grunted.

Charlotte went to her desk and pulled out her appointment book.  She scribbled down the date of the meeting she was planning to attend.  Her mind was a blaze with all sorts of questions.  But, all she knew was that for the first time in her life she began to feel a tiny speck of peace in her heart.  Who was this stranger that she didn't even know his name.  Where did he come from.  Why was he so attractive?  Questions, countless question filled Charlotte's mind as she sat down to look over the rest of the days schedule.



Thanks everyone who is following along with the story.  I hope you are enjoying my diversion?  Building the sets and all the other stuff  has been slow going this past week as I realized just how much stuff I need and don't have.  Plus, the next Essex Studios open house is next weekend, so I haven't had a chance to set up my shooting area there yet.  But, as soon as the show is over it is going to happen.  So, I am going to continue to create some test shots to initiate the story line for a bit.  I hope you will be patient and journey along with me as I get into the story.  I am still acquiring dolls to play the roles.  Plus I will be taking a photography class at the Cincinnati Art Academy that begins at the end of March.  I hope this will help me out in the long run.  I am pretty sure it will.  I do appreciate any comments you might have, just be gentle if you have any criticisms please.  Until next time.

Comments

Unknown said…
Very enjoyable reading, thank you the post.
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Sonia, I appreciate the kind words.
David Walker said…
Cody,

Good stuff! How do you get to sleep at night with all this drama in your life:) Keep up the good work.

D.
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks David, you are so kind. It is getting really fun and yes, I do lay awake at night writing the story in my head. It's bordering on obsession.
PB said…
Okay, I am hooked on Coco.

Plus, now when I am at the Goodwill dropping Mom stuff off, I am asking if they have any Mimi dolls...I have gotten some looks I can tell you! If I ever find one, its yours.
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks PB. You are so kind. Yes, please let me know if you ever find a Mimi doll. I know that I could spend hours trying to sculpt a BJD in the proportion. But, my hands are not liking the sculpting anymore. That is why I am using pre-made dolls and just altering them. I purchased a sweet biker Ken doll for one o the main characters.
Ascension said…
Me encantan tus personajes.
besitos ascension
Cody Goodin said…
Ascension: Gracias por sus amables palabras.
JayneS said…
thanks, Cody for the give-away. I follow you on fb but your blog will be even better. You always surprise with what you create.
Jayne Swanson

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts