Sentimental Saturday


Saturdays are one of those strange days in the week for me. I can never seem to get going early and figure out priorities of what project needs my attention first. Whenever I get in that state of purposeful confusion, I pull things out from my past creative endeavors to push me in some direction for the day. Here is a collection of three mini paper dolls I made a few years back as examples of a mini class I taught at Artistic Figures In Cloth AFIC . They are articulated with very tiny paper fasteners. The bodies are bits of decorative papers that are laminated to a foundation of card stock. I use found photo images of faces or drawings and then used a variety of fun bits to add to the costume or as adornments. The reason I resurrect these beauties is that there is a lot of possibilities in incorporating photography into paper doll making.



However, I think it would be nice to move beyond the cheesy portraits or snap shots and take time to create some interesting images in the post processing phase of the photo session. You could even take shots of doll heads that you have created and make them a paper version that you can then change up the costume when you like. Create paper puppets using this process. Then animate them using a stop motion process. The possibilities are endless.


I had forgotten how much fun these little paper dolls were to create. I have recently purchased a few books on paper dolls and puppets to fuel some interest in that area. Someday, as one of the things on my bucket list, is to create some fun paper puppets and try and animate them on video. Of course that presents a whole other set of learning curves. I smell a challenge.

Have a delightful weekend no matter what you find yourself involved in and have fun, find happiness in each moment and just be.

Comments

Karen Mallory said…
I love making paper art dolls! Can't wait to see your video!
hugs Karen
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Karen, I always get excited when I get an idea or reinvent something I had once made.
PB said…
These are so much fun Cody! I do so love your SPIRIT.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts