Image protect

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Teaser



I thought I'd give you a teaser as to what I have been doing. This weekend I am working the booth for our doll club Rivercity Dollmakers and as one of the conditions for getting the space, we have to demo. So, I spent yesterday and today sculpting. Here is the goblin I worked on today. He is all baked and ready for his paint job. I am thinking he is going to be old man winter goblin or something like that. My first thought was to make him my Christmas exchange that I am doing at work. But, this wasn't what I originally had in mind for that. So, we shall see how it goes.


This is another angle of him. One of my booth mates said he looked a lot like me. You know it is said that doll makers make dolls that resemble themselves. I don't think he looked like me though. He is polymer clay over a cotton egg shape and foil armature. I use super Sculpey as that is my clay of choice at the moment and his norns are translucent Fimo. He has iridescent glass eyes. His height is around 6 inches as he sits. I will post more pictures once he is finished. The show by the way is going well. Which is a relief to me and many of the artists. Have a great weekend everyone.

3 comments:

Sycamore Moon Studios said...

Your goblin says he wants to come live at my house.

Nicely done!

Studio At Crow Haven Farm said...

Cody, digging this little goblin! Looking forward to see him completed.
Have a wonderful and creative week
Cheers!

Cody Goodin said...

Thank you Sycamore Moon and Crow Haven Farm. I had such fun sculpting him during the show. Even had a few little kiddies come up and watch as I brought him to life. I think I will do more demos while showing. A good converstion starter.