Dearly Departed Series


I know you probably think I am manic out there. What the heck is he posting everyday now? Well, when you got'em, post'em I say. So, without further ado. May I present my first offering for the upcoming Halloween season my "Dearly Departed" series. There are eight total so far and they are magnets. They are the ghostly images of the dearly departed. Whose you might wonder? I'll never tell. Just their names. I used some molds I made to create the faces to save time. These were actually meant to be studies for some larger pieces I am in the planning stages with. I plan on posting two a day. The heads are polymer clay and then I used acrylic mediums and fabric and paper to make the shroud like parts. Then they were painted and glazed. They measure about the size of an artist trading card or a bit smaller.

The above image is of Dearly Departed cousin Tillie. Tillie poor Tillie, got kicked in the head by the nasty filly.

Here we have Dearly Departed Grand Nephew Gus. Poor poor Gus, didn't notice, he didn't notice the bus. Ran over and dragged, poor dear grand nephew Gus.

Tomorrow is the beginning of Autumn. I am so excited as it is my fave time of the year. I will post two more spirits tomorrow.

Comments

Susie McMahon said…
Oooh! I'm REALLY liking these, Cody!
KatHreN said…
Those are great. I love them.
kathren
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Susie and Kathren they are great fun to make since they are so small.
Unknown said…
That is so awesome...I love them..

Smiles
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Sonia.
Carla Trujillo said…
Hey Cody,

I really like these series! I guess I will be seeing you this weekend!

cat

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts