Goblin Prototypes


So, in order to keep to my posting at least once a week, I am giving you a sneak peek.  These are a couple of prototypes for a piece I am working on for a special show.  I have been invited to participate in a show whose theme is dedicated to all things chocolate.  Our work is supposed to be inspired by or in some way promote chocolate. So, the first piece I am working on is a box of goblin chocolates.  These guys belong to a newly discovered class of goblins called mimics.  They camouflage themselves to look like a common object so in order to hide from or trick humans.  These are chocogoblins.  They resemble a chocolate candy.


This first offering is one whom can bite back.  So, I am not sue I would be sticking my fingers into that box.  But, they do this to unsuspecting people. They are all created from polymer clay over a foil and tape armature.



The pieces were then painted with a brown paint to resemble the tones of the chocolates they are to mimic.  Then I glazed them with a walnut stain to give them a little bit of luster.


The eyes are fresh water pearls.  I even put that swirly line on top like the fancy chocolates have on them.  I think it gives them that extra special touch.


I am not sure how many I am going to make yet.  But, I am going to go out looking for an actual box of chocolates that I can use as their home. This will make for some tasty field research.

Once I get more details about the show I will post it here and on my facebook page.  It is going to be December of this year.  So, I have some time to get three different pieces done.  These guys will be one.  I am planning on a cocoa goblin as a possible piece and a monster chocolate rabbit for the third.  But, that can change as I work on ideas.  Hope you all have a great weekend.  I am snowed in today and am just playing in the studio and on the computer.

Comments

Coach Z said…
Cody the concept is fabulous...brilliant!! Give a whole new meaning to life is like a box of chocolates!!! HUGS
Karen Mallory said…
What a unique idea Cody!! Love to see the look on people's faces when they find out they are not chocolates!! Love the teeth!!
hugs Karen
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks MarZel and Karen, it is a concept piece for sure. I have to put my spin on it. Mow if I could just figure out the mechanics of making these guys from real chocolate. That would be fun.
flyingbeader said…
LOL! I do love the Bite Back so much. I just have to laugh & laugh about those teeth!
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Dot, I am still working on ideas.
Carla Trujillo said…
Cody,

Love these chocogoblins! What size are they?

Cat
Cody Goodin said…
Hi Cat they are about 2.5 inches in diameter.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts