Well, I think I have finally gotten out of my slump. I took a few ideas from the little napkin sketches I did the other day. Thought I'd see if I could actually bring them to life. So, here is the rabbit head I made inspired by the sketch. Not exactly as I had drawn it but, at least I did one. I like the first head. I didn't even have the sketch handy for reference. Laziness got the best of me and I didn't want to hunt for it. So, this guy is polymer clay over a foil and wire armature. It's a technique I will be teaching in March for the Waynesville group. They wanted to have me teach them my goblin head or character sculpting technique. So, this is a front view of the baked head.
This is a side shot of the head. I plan on making a wire armature for the body and do a wrapped body using a batting and cloth wrapping technique. Once I get the body the way I want it, I cover it with fuzzy fibers. He will also have sculpted hands/paws and feet. I need to go buy some batting to use. I am all out at the moment.
This is the beginning of the pickle goblin. I have made the armature as you see here. Then covered him in polymer clay and he is now baking as I type this. This was a fun sculpt very much a character style. You'll see in the next post. Well, that's it for today. I can't believe I was able to post twice in two days. Have a great weekend everyone.