Frresh Start Friday


Don't you just love those cutesy titles.  Hey I am having a fun day in the home studio.  I've been painting and glazing heads that I sculpted earlier.  Hopefully, I will get some more sculpting in as well.  Anyway, here is the beginnings of a new wall piece I am working on.  I am not quite sure who he'll be yet.  He seems to think he should be dispensing sand to get people to fall asleep.  Boy could I use some of that stuff.  But, the identity usually doesn't show up until I get hands and the body covering on.  So, who knows who will show up.  Oh, yes I know the picture is less than desirable quality.  It just adds to the mystery.  Hopefully the finished piece will be better photographed.  Well, my wonderful friends out there, have a great weekend.  With any luck, I'll be posting some more fun stuff.  Until then, Cio!

Comments

Karen Mallory said…
Great to see you in action again!! recoveries can be long sometimes. I love your sculpted heads and really love the 'spirits of the grove' piece.
hugs Karen
flyingbeader said…
Oooo a Sandman...that would be great...and very much needed by me too.
dot
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Karen and Dot, I feel like I am back in the groove again. Spending this weekend sculpting and painting.
Coach Z said…
Even when I have a preconceieved notion about what I want to make, my sculptures dictate exactly what they will look like and sometimes who they are. Truely, we are giving birth to spirits!!
Cody Goodin said…
SO true MarZel, so true.
Joy Murray said…
I take my dolls to my bedroom and look at them when I first wake up. That dreamy time -- first light -- is when they tell me what I've done wrong and what I need to add. Your work's very inspiring!
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Joy. That means a lot.
Anonymous said…
Thank you Cody I'd love for the Goblin King to live with you!

Also I love your new dolls!!!!
Pattee
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Pattee, I love yours too.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts