Sunday Sunny Sunday



Not exactly sunny, todays offerings are of a piece I was able to finish yesterday.  He is called Sandman.  You may recall in an earlier post the twig figure that had some batting wrapped around his body and a wire for arms?  So, here he is finished.  His head and hands are polymer clay.  I embellished him with some bone beads and a leather sack full of his special sand.  This fella is ready to put you to sleep even if you don't think you can get there.  Just try to stop him.  He measures about 16 inches tall.  His body is a fantail willow twig wrapped with cotton batting and hand dyed fabric.  His cloak is purchased cotton and a hand dyed cheesecloth scarf.


Here is his closeup.  He has fresh water pearl eyes.  You will notice that thee are no pupils.  He is a blind sandman.  He uses the power of his psychic third eye to find his victims, I mean patients.  He floats poised to fling the sands of sleep into your eyes.  He does actually hang on the wall.  I have made a hand hammered copper loop to hang him from.  I am off to work some more.  I have a ton of projects in various stages of completion.  Thank you to all my followers out there.  I appreciate all of your feedback and time you take to visit my humble art place.  One more reminder about my give away.  You can go here to enter.  Cio.

Comments

LuLu Kellogg said…
Cody, this is fantastic. I love all the detailing on the face and also I love that you used the fresh water pearls for his eyes. Well done!

LuLu
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks LuLu most appreciated.
Thank you said…
Wow...this piece is amazing. You have certainbly out-done yourself this time. What a talent you have. I so enjoy your work and seeing each new creation. Thank you for your inspiration.
Lorraine T
Anonymous said…
OMG Cody he is something fabulous!!!! I love these new guys your making! Just love them!
Pattee
Cody Goodin said…
Thank you Larraine and Pattee, appreciate the feedback. I am having such a good time with them. I guess I do have a bit of darkness in me to get out.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts