Mystery Mondays part 3



It's time once again for mystery Mondays.  Here are a few of the heads I have sculpted this past weekend.  These are experiments for a few new pieces I am hoping to get finished for some of the fall shows I am going to be participating in this year.  The above is a shot of the four I was able to make.  These heads are made from a blend of super sculpey and sculpey III polymer clay.  The green ones have a sea shell embedded on the top back of the scull.  I was looking for a more alien kind of look for them.




Jere is a close up of the green heads.  It will be a surprise as to who or what they will be come.  I know, but I am not telling yet.  It'll be a mystery befitting a Monday.



This is a bad photo of the cubic head.  In revisiting my past I did a series of three pieces I called block heads.  So, this is in homage to them.  As a matter of fact, I am going to recycle the original three a bit.  It is funny how we can see what we would have done differently on something we have made.  At least I have a chance to do that this time.




Last but certainly not least is the yellow head with a bit of Mr. Blockhead trying to get in on the shot.  The yellow head is feminine but, has an extended skull.  Sorry you can't really see that here.  Well, there you have it.  My mystery Monday offerings for this week.  I hope I can continue the trend for a while.  Now I need to make hands to match the heads.  In addition to these, I still have the heads from the last installment to make hands for.  Have a fabulous week my artsy friends.

Comments

BumbleVee said…
oooooh, love a mystery...... I'll be checking back to see what they do eventually "become"...
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks BumbleVee, I am making hands for some of the heads right now. I should have bodies made by the end of this weekend. Hope to post pics soon of work in progress for a few pieces.
Unknown said…
Hi Cody,
Like your approach to your mystery beings. Can't wait to see how you finish them.
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Deborah.
Joanne Cranston said…
Cody - I love love love these guys already!!!
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks Joanne. I appreciate it.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts