Thoughts On the Upcoming Year



Hello my friends out there.  I hope your year is ending up just where you wish it to be.  For me, I am saying good bye to it like an old friend.  Knowing I will not see it again. I will welcome it's sister with open arms to see what adventures we will have together.  One thing has struck me of late.  All of the various people and groups trying to get you to follow their perfect plan for happiness.  Follow X diet, eat like a Buddhist, grow you hair longer and on and on. So, I have been asking myself why do we as humans feel the need to follow someone else's lead?  Do we seek approval, inclusion into some elite group? Maybe we just want to belong because we are truly social beings.

On this cusp of a new year I have been thinking about what I want to accomplish in the new year. How I could  improve the quality of my life. In this thought process I realized how many times I have tried this or that from others to miraculously improve my life or so the claim goes.  Take this pill to loose weight.  Eat these foods to be totally healthy and happy. The end result is it did nothing to really make me happy.  So, I started to ask my inner self what would you like today?  What do you want to eat for dinner today?  I started listening to my inner voice a bit.  The end result is I am a bit happier.  So, logical conclusion is to listen to that inner voice a lot more.  That is part of my goals for this upcoming year.  My inner voice is yearning to put my art out into the world to share how I see life.  Reach out to other creative souls to share and encourage them too. That sometimes small inner voice knows what we truly need to make us happy and healthy.  It is time for me to listen more intently.

The above photo is a great symbol for me and this whole thought process of going on my own path.  It reminds me of a seldom traveled rocky path with a mysterious end. Only my soul knows where it will ultimately lead. Spiritually I have done this a good portion of my life.  Sometimes to great ridicule from others.  But, I stayed true to course.  Now I am ready to let the rest of my life follow my souls lead and embrace true happiness.  What will 2014 bring?  That I am not sure.  But, what I do know is it will be joyful and a great adventure. You all are welcome to follow along on my continuing saga.  May your journey be as awesome as you wish it to be.

Comments

PB said…
What you have shared here is so true. Thank You for letting it all hang out so others can have a deeper look at themselves. That is a GIFT.
Cody Goodin said…
Thanks PB you are a sweetie.
Karen Mallory said…
I truly have been inspired by you Cody! You are already out there helping others with their art. I love to hear your thoughts on your art, inspirations and life. Hope to continue with reading your posts on your blog, facebook and the occasional doll street post!
hugs Karen
Cody Goodin said…
Karen, thank you for your lovely comments and encouragement.

Popular posts from this blog

Projects a plenty

ADO Art Dolls Only Elements Challenge - Water

Anniversary Giveaway of Sorts